This is definitely one of my favorite recipes because it contains a ton of veggies and its one of the only ways my hubby would eat so much veggies in one sitting 🙂 He loves it and forgets that he’s actually eating vegetables and not rice! So if you know anyone that loves fried rice but doesn’t like veggies too much, give this a try! Its delicious!
- 1 head of cauliflower, grated
- 1/2 lb. of ground chicken or ground turkey
- 1 bunch of broccoli
- 3 stalks of green onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 cup of chopped up onion
- 2 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1 cup of green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup of red pepper, chopped
- salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and soy sauce to taste
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- Sriracha (optional)
- In a hot wok, add EVOO garlic and onion. Fry until soft.
- Add ground chicken. Fry until about 80% cooked.
- Add shredded carrots, green pepper, red pepper, and broccoli. Fry until veggies are soft. About 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower. Fry until cauliflower is soft. About 5 minutes.
- Add salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and soy sauce to taste.
- Lastly, add chopped green onion and mix thoroughly.
- Optionally, add Sriracha for a bit of spiciness
What’s clean eating anyway? Well for me, its about removing anything processed or artificial or preserved. You want to focus on fresh, whole foods as much as possible. Like my friend Missy says, “if man made it, don’t eat it!” 😉
I would recommend going through this list and seeing how you an incorporate some of these thing into your daily life. After all, its not all about making huge, drastic changes at once. Start small and see where it takes you.
**********THE EAT-CLEAN PRINCIPLES**********
• Eat six small meals a day.
• Eat breakfast every day, within an hour of getting up.
• Eat lean protein and complex carbohydrates at every meal.
• Have two or three servings of healthy fats every day.
• Get fiber, vitamins, nutrients, and enzymes from fresh fruits and vegetables.
• Control your portions.
• Drink half your body weight in ounces (if you weight 150lbs, you should drink 75 oz. of water a day)
**********FOODS TO AVOID!**********
• Processed foods
• White Flour
• Dairy – I use coconut milk or almond milk as a replacement
• Processed Meats, e.g., hotdogs are filled with sodium nitrates and nitrates
• Artificial sweeteners like, sucralose, aspartame, splenda, sweet & low
• Soda & Diet Soda-try club soda with lime or lemon
• Juice-it’s full of sugar and added calories
• Foods with chemical additives like food dyes
• Foods with preservatives
• Artificial foods, such as processed cheese-this isn’t really even considered food so you shouldn’t eat it…
• Saturated fats and trans fats
• Anti-foods — calorie-dense foods with no nutritional value-i.e. twinkies, hohos, doritos, hotdogs, mountain dew…
Not even kidding, this program completely changed my life!!
So…this was me a year ago…my life ran kinda like this – I worked out a couple times last week…ate healthy every now and then…and never worked on myself to be more positive or to dream bigger dreams. After a month or two of doing these same shenanigans, I would step on the scale and see that the number actually went UP! WTF!? I’ve been working so hard, why didn’t I lose any weight?! I got frustrated and annoyed and felt defeated!! I was “working out”. I was “eating healthy” but got ZERO results!! Ugh!! How annoying!! I gave up. I quit. A LOT!
What I didn’t know last year is that 1 workout every few days, 1 healthy meal every few days, 1 chapter in a personal development book every few days…these things alone won’t change me. I needed to do these things CONSISTENTLY – which meant I needed to change my lifestyle. All these little things, done everyday is what finally changed my life.
The person I am today guys, is so different from the person I was a year ago. Today I’m actually FIT; I’m POSITIVE; I’m LOVING LIFE; I’m STRONG; I’m a LEADER; I have DREAMS that I’m going to one day achieve!
And do you know what started it all for me? Nothing huge – Just a box of workout DVDs, some color-coded containers, a bag of delicious shakes, and a group of wonderfully supportive women. The day I started the 21 Day Fix, I kid you not, my life was forever changed. If you believe in destiny and the ripple effect, then you can believe that this program is what completely transformed me. I took a chance and gave it a try because I thought why not? What’s the worse that can happen? Instead, I didn’t realize what I should’ve asked was, what’s the best that can happen.
I’ve been a Beachbody coach for a little over a year now. I started on my fitness journey because I just felt sick and tired all the time! I was my heaviest when I decided I needed to change. I was not even 30 years old at the time, but I felt sluggish, low energy, my digestion was bad, I felt weak, and I just hated looking at my body in the mirror. For over a year now, I’ve been following my clean eating habits and portion control that I learned from this program and drinking Shakeology daily. It wasn’t easy at first, but consistency over time got me to where I am today. I’m still working on myself everyday but I made the decision to become a coach very soon after because honestly, it was a no-brainer for me. I have found a product that really works and helps people lose weight the right way and keep it off. I get to help people change their lives! AND I get to make some money from it! Why not, right!? It was the first time in my life when I felt like I finally found my true passion and my purpose in life.
Message me if you’re ready for a change too and I’ll walk you through every step of the way! Check out the entire challenge pack here: http://21DayFix.ZamoraFitness.com